The NEAS Sales Team is available to assist you at any point by phone (1-877-225-6327) or by email (email@example.com).
There are three ways to get your reservation for space on the sealift started:
- Complete and submit the online Sealift Reservation Form
- Download and print the form and submit it by fax (1-866-798-8746)
- Download the form, save it as a .pdf and submit it by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Of course, our Sales Team is available at any time to assist you in placing your reservation.
Once you have submitted the Sealift Reservation Form, you will receive a confirmation acknowledging our receipt and promise to follow up within 24 hours.
Shipments of dangerous goods, or dangerous materials, are subject to special controls and are governed by the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code.
NEAS customers must comply with these safety standards and complete the required Transport Canada declarations as well as provide the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for their cargo.
Consult the NEAS Sailing Schedule for the deadline to deliver dangerous goods to NEAS. For dangerous goods requiring packaging by NEAS, please refer to “Determine Packaging Requirements” below.
NEAS offers competitively priced, “ALL RISK” Marine Cargo Insurance. This insurance is tailor-made to support Arctic sealift customer requirements.
Important to note that NEAS’ maximum legal liability, regardless of the circumstances, is $2600.00 per cargo unit. As such, NEAS strongly recommends that all cargo be insured, whether you insure it yourself or through NEAS’ cargo insurance. Important as well that the client declares the proper declared value at this time.
All cargo must be stackable and weather proof before being loaded on the intended vessel. It is essential that all cargo is packaged according to the NEAS-Packaging-Guide. This ensures that your cargo will arrive at its final destination securely and damage-free, and also ensures the protection and safety of everyone who handles your cargo.
NEAS offers state-of-the-art packaging services, including containerization, less-than-container loads (LCL), crating, palletization and packaging of all other cargo, including possible special considerations for vehicles and equipment.
There are three ways to arrange for NEAS to package your cargo:
- Complete and Submit the Online Packaging Request Form
- Download and print the form, and submit it by FAX (1-866-798-8746)
- Call our Sales Team at (1-877-225-6327)
Your reservation is complete when you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions and are issued a Signed Contract.
Once our Sales Team processes your reservation, we will issue a contract for you, and once duly executed, you will receive a Booking Number that will be required when making an appointment for delivery of your cargo and when delivering to the terminal.
NEAS facilities (Cargo Service Centre and Terminal) accept deliveries of cargo beginning on May 1 of each season. You must schedule an appointment to have your cargo delivered.
- NEAS Cargo Service Center – For cargo requiring packaging – 1-866-908-0807
- NEAS Marine Terminal – For cargo ready to be loaded – 1-888-908-0000
The delivery cut-offs vary depending on whether you:
- Are delivering cargo to be packaged at the NEAS Cargo Service Centre
- Are shipping dangerous goods requiring packaging
- Are delivering cargo export packed directly to the NEAS Terminal
Consult the NEAS Sailing Schedule for the deadlines applicable to your selected sailing date. Remember, if your cargo will be packaged by a third party, you must ensure that your packager complies with the requirements from the NEAS Packaging Guide.
You will receive a Receipt when you deliver your cargo to NEAS. Retain this receipt for your records.
You will receive your invoice for Marine Transportation once your cargo is loaded and the ship departs. For packaging invoices, once your cargo is packaged, invoices are sent out weekly. Note that packaging and transportation invoices are not combined on one invoice.
The NEAS schedule is updated daily and posted on line. Check this link frequently for updates as arrival dates are subject to change due to weather, ice and other factors.
NEAS releases your cargo according to the instructions contained on the cargo manifest. In order to take possession of cargo, you or your designate are required to provide identification.
You must sign the cargo manifest upon receipt of the goods and any damages or omissions must detailed on the signed manifest. This will be required if a claim is submitted by you.
- Click on the Sealift Reservation Form and fill in ALL information requested
- Declare any Dangerous Goods
- Make sure your cargo is adequately insured against damage or loss
- Determine your packaging requirements
- Review the Applicable Terms and Conditions and sign and return your contract(s).
- Make sure you make note of the Marine Booking Number you will be sent once contract is finalized
- Schedule an appointment to deliver your cargo according to the THREE posted deadlines for:
- Cargo requiring packaging at the NEAS Cargo Service Center
- Dangerous Goods requiring packaging by NEAS
- Cargo that is already packaged and ready to deliver to Terminal
- Deliver your cargo and retain your receipt for reference
- Contact our Accounts Receivable Department to arrange payment of your invoice
- Reference the schedule often for the latest ETA in to your community
- Contact our beach personnel upon ship’s arrival to inspect and review manifest. Sign it.